One Fix It Ticket, One Traffic Ticket and now a Bench Warrant. What is the right thing to do in this matter?

Asked over 1 year ago - Santa Clara, CA

I got a Fix IT ticket for my tinted car on March 22nd. The Fix IT was to be completed by May 24th 2013. I had a police office validate that I had completed as per the instruction of the fixit ticket but did not present that to the court.

I got a Traffic Ticket on 4th April. This ticket was for reckless driving and also had a notification related nitrox. I was to report to Court on May 28th 2013.

I mixed the two tickets and now I have missed my court dates. Since I missed the court date, a bench warrant was issued with bail amount of $2000. What is my best course of action?

1. Go to Court and present myself to the Judge. Pay the Bail Amount and any fees.
2. Hire a Lawyer to represent me to help out in this matter.

Appreciate your guidance in this matter.

-- Jay

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

5

Answered . Get an attorney to handle both tickets. The bench warrant for the fix it ticket is actually a misdemeanor. The reckless driving is a misdemeanor , now with an arrest warrant. You cannot, and should not try to this yourself. You potentially face jail and 2 points on your DMV record. The misdemeanor can have long time effects. Get an attorney .

Andrew Roberts

Andrew Roberts (818) 597-0633/ (805) 496-7777
  2. Curtis Lamar Harrington Jr

4

Answered . Hire a lawyer to fight this. Show your excuse for not being able to show up in May. Money is not nearly as important as putting the state to the test, nor of establishing your innocence.

3. Vijay Dinakar

Pro

3

Answered . Your best option is definitely to hire an attorney. Sometimes it may not make financial sense to hire an attorney for a less significant traffic matter if you simply want to do traffic school or get a fine reduction on a straightforward non-point ticket. However in your case you have a warrant with bail and significant fines. Hire an attorney to have the cases dealt with at once. Good luck

4. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

Answered . best to get an attorney to handle it for you.