Once your ticket goes to collections can u git it out of collections so u dont have to pay the outrageous interest

Inglewood, CA |

i have 2 seat belt ticket both missed court dates and both were $95 and they went to collections and bumped up to 850 a piece. here is the problem i wanna pay it off but 1600 dollars is a lot of money i was wondering if i can git it back in court and fight it or do i have to pay the 1600 in full

If it went to collections that meant you didn't take care of it in a timely manner. You don't say but I imagine there are penalties as well as interest. I don't think a judge is going to want to help you with this. Go to collections yourself and ask the basis for the increase and if it appears justified work out a payment plan with them.

You may be able to negotiate a compromise with the collection agency to stop the interest clock, but the court won't compromise on their bail amounts or let you argue your tickets at this point.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You should contact the collections agency or department. It is not very likely that you'll be able to settle for a lesser amount at this point, although if you're going to try, you had better have a significant portion of the funds payable immediately. They are not going to both settle, and agree to payments, if they even agree to settle at all. (It is not very likely that you are going to be able to get any reduction.)

You don't describe the circumstances that lead to missing two court dates, but most judges will probably assume that you just blew it off, ignored it, or were otherwise irresponsible and without strong evidence otherwise, I seriously doubt you can fight this. No judge is going to have sympathy for someone who only deals with the problem when collections starts pressing them for money.

Your best bet is probably to work out a payment plan and then make sure you stay on top of it.

you can go to the court clerk about the ticket and request a motion to vacate the judgement. The grounds you would be contesting it upon would be failure of due process. When the court sends your ticket to collections they are still supposed to have a trail with or without you present. If you do a web search for traffic ticket motion to vacate collections you will find prepared summarys on how to fill out the motion to vacate paper work. It is important that you cite legal vc to contest it. I did this with two of my tickets out of the san fernando courthouse and actually not only did i have the judgement removed i beat the tickets because the highway patrol man didnt even have notes on my ticket anymore

Traffic tickets topics