Once you are a psychological parent, how long does that last?

Glenville, WV |

I became psychological parent to my 3 granddaughters in 2009. My daughter was only residential parent, she spent 2 years in jail for meth and grand larceny. She got out in April 2013 on parole and came to live with me. Well needless to say she is very disrespectful and lazy so I told her to leave. Now she's under the impression that she can just pick up my granddaughters and take them to live with a 57 year old drunk. . I have taken care of them for 3 and a half years. Is this legal?

1. please see my prior answer- take good care and hope things work

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Child custody topics