Once u have been examine under oath can the insurance company ask for more documents other than what u have already gave them

Chicago, IL |

I already gave the the phone records for the dates they ask for now they want to go back 2 months on phone records an bank statement I thought once u do examination under oath it's the last thing to do fare my claim?

1. This is not an immigration law question.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Whether they can will not be determined by the 4 corners of the US immigration law. You are in a wrong forum.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

3. This appears to be an insurance question, not an immigration question. I will change the practice area.,

Although AVVO describes this site as providing free legal advice, it is really a simple Q&A forum. The volunteer attorneys provide general answers. No specific legal advice is given here and no attorney-client relationship is established. For precise direction and legal advice, please consult in person with an attorney in your area. Be sure to bring all relevant paperwork with you.

4. The simple answer is yes they can.

Your insurance policy likely requires you to answer questions and provide information necessary for a reasonable investigation. It is not uncommon for an attorney to determine during an examination under oath that there are additional documents that need to be reviewed that they have not yet been given.

I would suggest that you speak with an attorney about this sooner rather than later. The exam under oath has occurred because they suspect there may be a coverage issue in play - if there is an attorney can provide you with advice on how to protect your claim.