Once the property has been sold in a foreclosure,what are the procedures and how long do I have to vacate the property?

Hollywood, FL |

Do I have any rights to request more time from the court after the sale?

1. After a valid sale, there is a 10 day period before the sale is confirmed and the certificate of title issued to the new owner. From that point forward, the new owner can cause a Writ of Possession to be issued, which, when served by the Sheriff, gives you 24 hours to vacate.

Please note that the above is not intended as legal advice, it is for educational purposes only. No attorney-client relationship is created or is intended to be created hereby. You should contact a local attorney to discuss and to obtain legal advice.

2. The clerk has to wait until the 11th day after the sale to then issue a certificate of title. The sheriff might take a day or two to deliver a writ of possession. If you do not vacate within the time allotted, you may lose your personal property at the house.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239

Landlord-tenant topics