Once my spouse has sign the divorce papers will I need him to sign any more papers after that?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Divorce

I was told that along the way to finish the divorce process he will need to sign a final paper. Why is this if he agreed to sign the divorce papers. now I have no way of getting in contact with my soon to be ex husband. Please someone help me this is an emergency matter thank you.

Please clarify? If he has signed a defendant's affidavit submitting to the divorce then you will not need anything further. If he has not done so he will need to be served by some method - be it personal service or alternate service (if he has vanished altogether) before you may proceed to finalize the divorce.

Please note that this general response to your inquiry does not establish an attorney-client relationship.You should consult with a competent attorney for advice regarding your particular situation.

If this is an uncontested divorce with no issues, no.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

If you have filed an Uncontested divorce even if he has signed and submitted a notarized defendant's affidavit if the document does not contain all the wording that the court requires. You should seek legal advise prior to submitting your final documents. You can feel free to contact my office.

This information is provided for General Legal Education and does not create an attorney client relationship. Tenaja A. Montas, Esq is admitted to practice law in the state of New York. For further information I may be contacted through my website www.lawofficeoftenajathomas.com or at my office (347) 455-8023.