Once my spouse has sign the divorce papers will I need him to sign any more papers after that?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was told that along the way to finish the divorce process he will need to sign a final paper. Why is this if he agreed to sign the divorce papers. now I have no way of getting in contact with my soon to be ex husband. Please someone help me this is an emergency matter thank you.

1. Daniel Yaniv

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . Please clarify? If he has signed a defendant's affidavit submitting to the divorce then you will not need anything further. If he has not done so he will need to be served by some method - be it personal service or alternate service (if he has vanished altogether) before you may proceed to finalize the divorce.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

Answered . If this is an uncontested divorce with no issues, no.

3. Tenaja A. Thomas Montas

4

1

Answered . If you have filed an Uncontested divorce even if he has signed and submitted a notarized defendant's affidavit if the document does not contain all the wording that the court requires. You should seek legal advise prior to submitting your final documents. You can feel free to contact my office.