Skip to main content

Once I'm married, will my income be considered toward child support for my new husband's children from a previous marriage?

South Bend, IN |
Filed under: Child support

The divorce was in Michigan and was handled by friend of the court. The parents have shared custody, but the father agrees to paying child support since the children live mostly with their mother.

Attorney Answers 2


Not usually, but you should still consult with a local attorney to review all your rights, options and obligations so you are fully informed about the situation. Sometimes a simple telephone consult will be sufficient. You can find local attorneys by searching among the profiles here on Avvo. Good luck!

Ms. Brown may be reached at 718-878-6886 during regular business hours, or anytime by email at: All of Ms. Brown’s responses to questions posted on AVVO are intended as general information based upon the facts stated in the question, and are provided for educational purposes of the public, not any specific individual, and her response to the question above is not legal advice and it does not create an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Brown is licensed to practice law in New York. If you would like to obtain specific legal advice about this issue, you must contact an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful


You should contact a lawyer in Michigan.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics