Once applied for H1B, can I travel to USA as tourist? (with tourist visa)

Miami, FL |

Hi, I live outside USA and I am applying to H1B visa on April. Is it ok to travel to USA (between April and October) for a few weeks as a tourist? I have the B2/B1 visa and I was wondering if it is OK to go visit friends while the process is pending or if I can only go after October with H1B visa.
Thank you very much!

It is OK to enter on a tourist visa based on the statements in your question.

To activate H1B status, you will need to enter the U.S. with an H1B visa.

2. If you qualify for a B-1/B-2, the H-1B would not render you ineligible to come as a visitor.

Kindly note that this posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Remember, this site is akin to an internet blog. Do not rely on information here to make important decisions in your life. Make an appointment to meet with a licensed attorney in his or her office (or via Skype or phone) to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

3. As long as you have a valid tourist visa, and can successfully demonstrate that your trip is temporary, it is fine to travel.

www.GintareLaw.com. Contact immigration lawyer Gintare Grigaite, Esq. of Grigaite & Abdelsayed, LLC at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey, for a consultation about your immigration case. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.