Once a new lease is signed by a new management co, at the time or renewal can new co bring old co's agreement, ie co signer

Tucson, AZ |

Daughter signed rental lease n 2006 w/rental mangement co. 2012 AZ shut down co. Landlord hired new mangement co. New lease issue 4/2012. Time 4 renewal. Can new mgmt team go bk to old co's lease date w/dif terms including a co-signer who did not co-sign under new management team lease? Terms also changed.

1. Sorry but I'm having a very difficult time understanding your fact pattern. At renewal time terms can be changed if that's what your asking.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

2. If the new management company wants to require a co-signer on a renewal of a lease they likely have the ability to do that. The exception would normally be if there was an option to continue the lease for a period of time on the same terms, which if excercised would mean that they could not add terms.

This information is provided for general informational purposes and is not intended as legal advice. An attorney licensed in your jurisdiction can answer questions specific to your specific fact situation and provide you appropriate advice as necessary based on the specific facts of your matter and the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you are in Arizona and interested in discussing your matter further I can be reached at: (480) 838-9000 Mark D. Fullerton, P.C. 1839 S. Alma School Road, Suite 275 Mesa, Arizona 85210