On workers compensation since 1-2-13. MRI confirmed ruptured disc in low back. Put on no work/home restriction since 3-12-13....

Fort Worth, TX |

Referred to back specialist & he confirmed surgery would be necessary as fluid is leaking & once gone vertebrae will grind and fuse together over the course of painful years. Referred to Pain Mngmt for injection. 4 weeks & no relief from shot, which was expected by Spine DR. PM says SD knows nothing & since PM's request for 2nd MRI was rejected by WC he is going to try to get me back to work. My right leg is numb & have been restricted from driving, stand/sit/walk more than 30 mins, require a cane and can't lift/push/pull over 10lbs. What can I do to protect my rights here & get the surgery? Do I just go back to SD or allow PM to tell WC insurance to send me back to work when I'm hurting, have lost feeling in legs, can't sleep and barely walk? Please help......

You should immediately consult a local workers compensation attorney. Many on AVVO do not charge a fee for an initial consultation. Protect yourself - call a w/c attorney ASAP.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

Get an aggressive work comp atty.

Workers compensation benefits are controlled in each state by state workers compensation laws, and not what the workers compensation insurance company wants to tell you. Workers compensation attorneys do not charge a fee for an initial consultation and can explain the regulations and how they apply to your case. Retain a workers compensation attorney ASAP. Here's more:

Law Offices of Andrew D. Myers, North Andover, MA & Derry, NH provide answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. This creates no attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues. Get an experienced workwers compensation attorney ASAP. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

You have probably noticed that all the responses are from out-of-state attorneys. That is because the Texas workers comp statute is designed to intentionally make sure you cannot find an attorney, without saying so. So there are not very many attorney who do workers comp cases in Texas. Google for a workers comp attorney in your area and hopefully you will be able to find someone. Otherwise, you should call the state insurance commission and ask what you must do.

This is not legal advice. You should always discuss the specifics of your issue in person with an attorney. Be aware that there are time limits on all claims that depend on the kind of claim, so do not delay in seeking an attorney.

I have changed the Practice Area from personal injury to workers compensation. That should help to get workers compensation attorneys to respond. You may want to contact the Texas state bar for a referral of a workers compensation attorney. Sorry to hear about your injuries. Get an attorney to help you with the workers comp process.

Mr. Crosner is licensed to practice law in California and has been practicing law in California since 1978. The response herein is general legal and business analysis.. It is not intended nor construed to be "legal advice" but rather it is analysis, and different lawyers may analyze this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

I am sorry to hear you are getting the run around. It is not uncommon in these types of cases. I recommend you contact the Texas Department of Insurance to make a complaint. I noticed that you did not state how you were injured. Often times employees are injured and do not realize the injury was caused by a third party or other person who may be liable for your injuries. How were you injured? Additionally, are you covered by workers compensation or a third party agency? If you can help me understand how the accident occured we may be able to help you get out of the workers comp. shuffle. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.

I review cases like yours all the time. I'm in Richardson, not too far away, and I handle a lot of workers' comp cases. It sounds like you've been railroaded and stuck with docs that do whatever the insurance company tells them to do. I'd like to discuss the details of your situation with you and find a way to help you, if you'd like. Check out my profile if you are interested and then give us a call.