On workers comp for low back injury. Still under doctors care and employer forced me back to full duty. Haven't received......

Asked about 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

Any response from WC insurance (liberty mutual) about missed pay reimbursement. District manager and reporting supervisor forced me back to work. Manager tells me to not take medications from doctor so I can be on-call and that there will not be anymore injuries or accidents happening. They have also been telling me what to say to doctor so I can be released from medical care. They tried making me sign letter to reduce hourly pay while on light duty but I didn't. My paychecks were not what they should have been which means they were altering my submitted hours because the paystubs show the hourly rate was still the same. I need to know if there is a claim here to go after the company (USIC) and the insurance company. Please help.

Yes there are work restrictions (cannot push/pull/lift over 10lbs, limited use of back) and I'm a utility locator (have to lean over while walking and holding a line locator device and spray paint ground). I walk many miles in one day. Have not met maximum medical improvement and still under doctors care (not released back to work). Recorded face to face conversation w/ district manager pursuading and telling me I'm going back to full duty work. Have left multiple messages w/ multiple people @ WC insurance and not getting response. Have 1 letter indicating claim is approved and they are the carrier.

1. Daniel L. Morris

3

Answered . You should be entitled to Temporary Income Benefits from Liberty Mutual for you lst time from work. If they lowered your wage while on light duty, you may also be entitled to benefits.

You need to contact an attorney right away. If you have any questions, you can call my office at (214)357-1782.

2. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

3

Answered . You definitely should retain a Texas WC Attorney. Hourly pay is taxed, and Disability pay is generally not. If you have reduced hours, you may have a right to partial temporary disability for part of the difference, but calculating the right amount is tedious.

3. David J. McCormick

3

Answered . Unless the comp. carrier has a medical opinion saying that you have reached an end of healing, no work restrictions and can return to work, they have to follow your doctor’s opinions and work restrictions. You need to talk with a local worker’s comp. attorney ASAP, and report your employer’s actions to your doctor so that they are documented.

4. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . You need a work comp lawyer to advise you at this point. You are getting jerked around pretty badly.