On what grounds can I sue a person for a unpaid debt?

I evicted this person and am looking to sue him for not paying his debt for the unpaid rent, property damage (construction cost), travel cost, and utility transfer cost. I used breach of contract to evict him so I am looking for another ground to sue him on.

1. you need to consult with a local attorney to evaluate the specific facts of your case and possible theories of recovery which may sound in tort and contract. Talk to a local lawyer. Many of them will provide a free consultation. Good luck.

2. It seems like breach of contract should be a primary cause of action. The fact that you used breach of contract in your UD action shouldn't preclude you from using that cause of action. There may be other causes of action. Consult a landlord-tenant attorney.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. This is a landlord-tenant action.
    You've already evicted him.
    Sue on the back rents and damages.
    You will NOT get "travel cost" OR "utility transfer costs."
    You EAT these.
    Looks like this was "personal" between you two.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.