On the I-130, do I put "None", "N/A", or just leave it blank if the child doesn't have a middle name?

Asked 11 months ago - Louisville, KY

I'm unsure when to put "None" and when to put "N/A". For example, I-130 Section C Item 20 [If filing for your spouse, give last address at which you lived together.], do I put "None" since there is no non-Roman way to spell the immigrant's name, or do I put "N/A" because this doesn't apply? Also, if I put "None" where an immigrant does not have a middle name, how do they know for sure that their middle name isn't literally "None"?

1. Lynne Rogers Feldman

1

Best Answer

Answered . I put "--" when there is no middle name. None is appropriate for example if they ask if you have a former spouse. That means you considered the question and responded that you have no former spouse. If you answered None that you don't have a former spouse and they ask in the next section what is the name, data of birth etc. then put N/A.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

2. Ralf D. Wiedemann

Answered . If there is no middle name you can leave the space blank. If you are not filing for a spouse, then you can leave blank the space that asks for the address if you are filing for a spouse (because you are not filing for a spouse). If the person's name is writtenin Roman letters in the native language, then you leave blank the space that asks for it to be spelled in the native language if non-Roman characters.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . No 'non-Roman way' to spell a name? Really? Look at their passport.