Skip to main content

On the DE-315 FORM to determin succession for real property it asks for a case number but i never started any court procedure.

Los Angeles, CA |

Im trying to fill out a DE-315 for determining succession of real property of less than $150,000. However, the form asks for a case number and I haven't been given a case number in reference to the real property my grandmotherr left behind. should I leave it blank?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The court will assign you a new case number. While this is one of the more straight forward process in probate, it still has its challenges. You may want to ask an attorney to assist you.


I agree with counsel. The court will issue a case number after you file the paperwork.

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less


Agreed. The Court will assign the case number.

Answers are specific to California law and are general only, not legal advice. No representation or attorney / client relationship is made. Consult an attorney about your specific situation.

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer