ON QUESTION N-400;PART: 8 / G :2 , ASKED ABOUT PRIOR SPOUS'S IMMIGRATION STATUS !!

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakley, CA

MY HUSBAND WAS u.S. CITIZEN FOR 10 YRS. AND DIVORCED FROM HIS PREVIOUSE MARRIAGE WHEN WE GOT MARRIED. HE Cameto U.S. WITH A STUDENT VISA,THEN BECAME OUT OF STAUS FOR SHORT PRIOD OF TIME, THEN GOT MARRIED TO A US.CITIZEN AND BECAME PERMANENT RESIDENCE AND EVENTULLY BECAME A U.S. CITIZEN AND GOT DIVORCED AND 10 YEARS LATER MARRIED ME, SO NOW WHAT SHOULD i ANSWER WHER IT ASKED ABOUT PRIOR SPOUSE IMMIGRATION STATUS, PRIOR MAARIAGE, WHICH MARRIAGE THE QUESTION MEANS MY MARRIAGE OR HIS MARRIAGE?

iam applying for n-400,never been married before," iam still "married now with my current husband, but my current husband was married and divorced before he married me,0n question part 8/G/2/is the part aske about my current husband.the question asked about my current spouse, is asking and related to my my current husband, "prior spouse immegration staus" not sure if I nneed to say he was us. citizen, or permanent residence or other!!please refer to the form to understand my question better.short an simple:the question is about my current husband: he was us citizen when married me and we are still married, and iam filling for naturalization, my husband before married me he had another marriage,and before that marriage he was out of stauts ,then he married his first wife and eventually became us. citizen.now on the question, part8/G/2, which one need to be marked out of status,or us citizen!!!

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Why are you shouting?

http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html

Status questions on the N-400 refer to current status.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Your question is confusing ... which may explain why you are confused.

Who is doing the N-400, you our your husband?

The 'spouse' information is information on the current/former spouses of the person who is applying for naturalization.

Consider meeting with an attorney.
    ___________________________________________________________
    Franco Capriotti - Senior Immigration Counsel
    CAPRIOTTI INTERNATIONAL LAW
    franco@capriotti.com -- 1-503-803-0055 -- www.capriotti.com
    SKYPE MULTI-PARTY VIDEO AVAILABLE

3. Ralf D. Wiedemann

Answered . You sound upset, but why? The question asks about the applicant's (your current husband) spouse's (you) prior marriage (to your ex-husband). The applicant (your current husband) would enter the details requested about your ex-husband on that space of the form.