On probation in Mich for DUI and have since moved to Chicago. Can my Mich probation officer mandate random testing in Chicago?

New Philadelphia, OH |

Paid all fines, did community service, and did 6 weeks of testing every day with all tests being clean. Also did alcohol classes as required. Probation runs until March 2014

If that is an original condition of your probation then most likely yes. If you had an attorney for your case you may want to contact them to discuss further. Good luck.

That depends on the agreement the two jurisdictions made regarding the interstate transfer of your probation. The long and short is, if you do not do as your Michigan PO demands, they may violation you and you could be arrested and taken back to MI for a probation violation charge.

I have to tell you, this is one of the most puzzling situations I have found in practicing criminal defense law. You are on probation. Stop smoking dope! You know you are going to be drug tested. Don't worry; you're not the only one out there who thinks they won't get caught, or they can beat the piss test.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Probably. In CA, I would actually have gotten permission for my client to move before they did so. I hope you don't run into any problems in that regard. If your probation was transferred, then it would presumably be a Chicago probation officer that orders the tests, if that was originally a term of your probation. Best of luck.

Jasen Nielsen