On Probation for a DUI, in the ARD program. Everything is done except Comm Service. What happens if it isn't done in time?

Asked about 1 year ago - West Chester, PA

The time period I was given to complete my community service was 3 months, it end 9 days from now (only 6 business day in which organizations are open). I have 33 hours done. If it is not completed on time, what will happen? Is online community service (ones in which you take classes) accepted commonly?

1. Theodor Kaplun

11

Answered . You need to speak to your PO and determine if you could get an extension, but I would suggest attempting to complete as many as you can in the interim to show good faith.

2. Michael Kotik

Pro

10

Answered . Your lawyer is going to have to address this problem with the district attorney and hopefully work out an extension.

If you do not have an attorney I would suggest hiring one immediatly

3. Jeffrey Andrew Rowe

8

Answered . A Chester County attorney would be in the best position to affirmatively answer this one. In the counties I've practiced in you may be able to get your PO or ARD program coordinator to agree to a small extension, especially if you can show that you have other legitimate demands on your time as well.

If your PO isn't that agreeable and wants to terminate your ARD supervision, s/he will have to file a petition and have a judge decide whether you should be removed or given a little extra time. Again, the end result depends on the practices of that particular county.

4. William Ray Pelger

1

Answered . ask your PO for an extension. if he wont budge, get your lawyer to file a motion to extend the probation to complete com service.