On probation and violated. Will I be arrested at my next probation meeting?

Asked about 2 years ago - Anoka, MN

On probation for first time dui. at my last meeting i was notified of the next time i would need to check in. between there i violated my probation with missing fines and failure to enter treatment. The meeting is in a few days. Will i be arrested on the spot or will i just receive a court date?

not sure if the fines are a violation. Going to pay them off now so hopefully i dont look so bad. Also the reason for no treatment is lack of insurance and lack of funds and poor motivation on my part to get insurance.

1. Myles Albert Schneider

1

Answered . You will receive a summons to apear... then you will be given the opportunity to admit or deny the violation after reviewing the violation report.

You should seek legal advice to assist you in negotiating the penalty for the violation.

Please call if you have any questions, the consultation is free and confidential.

Myles Schneider 763-315-1100

2. Thomas C Gallagher

Answered . It's up to your probation officer, for all practical purposes, since most judges will sign a PO's request for an Arrest and Detain Order. So you could simply ask your PO. You could also check your court record to see if there is a italicized "W" indicating Warrant. My guess is your PO won't do that - yet. You do know the uninsured can get public funding via the county for chemical dependency treatment, after an evualation?

3. Brent Schafer

Pro

Answered . It would be unusual for you to be arrested. You would most likely get a notice in the mail with a court date. If you really want to help yourself, go to probation meeting prepared to makefull or partial fine payment and proof you have a treatment plan n place. This could save you a court appearance. You should otherwise consult with a lawyer.