On probation and got a PTA for driving with a suspended Driver license, is that considered a violation?

Miami, FL |

Looking for an attorney to speak with over this matter with.

1. PTAs are issued in lieu of formal arrest for misdemeanor charges. Misdemeanor charges would constitute a new law offense and, therefore, a violation of probation.

Call (904) 339-5338 to schedule your free consultation and case evaluation. Please note that the answer provided above is not intended as legal advice and no attorney-client relationship results from this posting.

2. DWLSR is a crime and will certainly violate your probation. What is a PTA?

3. If you are on probation and you received a new law violation then yes, it is considered a violation. If the police cited you with a criminal violation and your suspension was based upon the DUI, you could be facing a warrant being issued for your arrest. It is a great idea to consult with a local lawyer in your area to help you navigate through the potential probation violation case and the new charge. I wish you good luck in handling your case!

Please be advised that answering your questions does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or my firm. 407-588-6714 bill@thelawman.net

4. If you were cited for Driving with Knowledge that your license was suspended, then yes, you have violated your probation. If you were cited for Driving without Knowledge that your license was suspended, then that is a civil infraction and not a violation of your probation.

5. Yes it will be a violation. Any criminal traffic violation will be considered a violation of your probation. Simple civil infractions will not be considered a violation.