On Opt - Parents Visiting for Graduation. What all documents are needed from my school and my employer for this? Please Advice.

Albany, NY |

I am currently on OPT. I completed my masters in summer 2013 and my OPT started from August 2013 and i was undergoing training with a CONSULTING COMPANY. I am just started working with a client company through that CONSULTING COMPANY.
I will be participating in graduation ceremony in December 2013, i want to invite my parents (Visitor Visa) for the commencement ceremony.

Your parents have to qualify for the visitors' visas on their own merits, by proving strong ties to their native Hindustan and convincing the consul of their intention not to remain permanently in the U.S. Attending their child's graduation is a good one, but visas will not be approved unless can demonstrate "substantial ties" to home country and intent to return after temporary visit.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Giacomo Behar, thanks for responding. They will show their ties in form of real estate properties, my two siblings in India, and Liquid funds (for expenses during trip). They are sponsoring their trip. Do i need to show any of mine employment related/bank documents?

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Not really, since it is their application and not yours, and they are perfectly capable of proving everything themselves!

Great!! Thanks a lot, Appreciate the swift response.

Nothing is needed. If you want them to take it upon themselves to prove the reason for the trip to the US consulate official, you can furnish them with letters form both the school and employer confirming the requisite facts.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Your parents will just need to apply for a visitor's visa. It is good to present a letter from school confirming your graduation and your letter explaining why you want your parents to be in the US.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Alena, thanks for the advice. Do i need any document from my employer for this?

Education law topics