On Opt - Parents Visiting for Graduation. What all documents are needed from my school and my employer for this? Please Advice.

I am currently on OPT. I completed my masters in summer 2013 and my OPT started from August 2013 and i was undergoing training with a CONSULTING COMPANY. I am just started working with a client company through that CONSULTING COMPANY. I will be participating in graduation ceremony in December 2013, i want to invite my parents (Visitor Visa) for the commencement ceremony.

Albany, NY -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Your parents have to qualify for the visitors' visas on their own merits, by proving strong ties to their native Hindustan and convincing the consul of their intention not to remain permanently in the U.S. Attending their child's graduation is a good one, but visas will not be approved unless can demonstrate "substantial ties" to home country and intent to return after temporary visit.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Immigration Attorney - New York, NY

Nothing is needed. If you want them to take it upon themselves to prove the reason for the trip to the US consulate official, you can furnish them with letters form both the school and employer confirming the requisite facts.

Alena Shautsova

Alena Shautsova

Immigration Attorney - Brooklyn, NY

Your parents will just need to apply for a visitor's visa. It is good to present a letter from school confirming your graduation and your letter explaining why you want your parents to be in the US.