On my indictment papers it states I'm charged with less than gram state jail felony but when I went to jail i had an oz

Amarillo, TX |

when I was arrested they stated i had approx. $1600 worth of meth and on my indictment papers it says less than one gram state jail felony

If the official lab results come back with less than one gram, you should consider yourself fortunate to be charged with only a state jail felony. It may be a mistake on the part of the government in which case it probably would not behoove you to correct it.

What is the question?

Generally speaking, prosecutors will charge the correct amount as they see it. You should discuss this apparent mistake with your lawyer so that he or she can look into whether another charge is coming.

Answers on Avvo are for general information purposes only and should not be relied upon as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship is created by providing this answer. For specific advice about your situation, you should consult a competent attorney of your choosing.