On my credit report , i have a judgment but never got any letters sent to me , what should i do ?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

I checked my credit report and it states I have a judgment against me filed about 4 years ago but i never got any letters sent to me or anything . What should i do ?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . Check the file in the courthouse, especially the affidavit of service to see how the plaintiff claims you were served. If you have grounds, you can file an Order To Show Cause to vacate the default judgment and perhaps dismiss if the statute of limitations has expired.

2. Michael Hal Schwartz

Pro

2

Answered . I would get a copy of the entire file from the Court clerk's office. You may be able to vacate (set aside) the judgment.

3. Diane L Gruber

Pro

2

Answered . Go to the county courthouse where the judgment was entered and get ALL documents in the file, then take them to an attorney to be sure if everything as done correctly. Good luck.