On May 2, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER.

Montvale, NJ |

Dear laywers, my extension was filed on 11th April 2013 and the status was updated to the above (Alien registration no. was changed ... ) on May and remains that way till date.
My doubt is in Oct 2012 i came to US on H4 while my H1 was being processed and then returned to home country in Nov 2012 got my H1 Stamped and came back to US on Nov 2012 end. Been in US since and filed my extension on 11th April 2013.

So is the status showing in the USCIS website due to some issues? It is still in INITIAL REVIEW.

Thanks in advance for your guidance.

It might mean an approveal - did you ever get an official notice of approval int he mail? If not, you should call the USCIS number and advise them of the passage of time and ask for status update/ make an inquiry

Contact: 860-548-2629 or dbucin@uks.com. This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide, any legal advice.   By viewing this answer you understand and expressly agree that there is no attorney-client relationship between you and the attorney who authored the answer.  Should you need legal advice, please contact a licensed attorney who practices in this area.  Readers of this answer and the information contained herein should not act upon any information contained in this answer without seeking legal counsel.

2. Schedule an infopass appointment at www.uscis.gov or call 1-800-375-5283 to inquire.

609-271-3573. This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

3. There may be some confusion for other reasons, so an examiner does not know whether to approve the extension of status. In addition, it is possible that the file was lost or that a request for evidence was sent, but never made it to its intended receiver. At this point, you 'may' need an experienced immigration and visa attorney to intervene, where your application is pending more than 90 days past the time that it should have been decided by the regional processing center responsible. If not, then you may consider whether you want to somehow upgrade the petition to premium processing for the additional fee. However, it can prove challenging to get an answer at times. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

4. Dont worry about this. CIS changes A# pretty frequently and without providing a reason, and without it having any effect on pending petitions.

Business Immigration Attorney with 17 years of immigration law experience. Call 800-688-7892 or visit www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.