On July 19, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION.

Irving, TX |

Hello, I've applied for my OPT extension In June. I regularly track my application status,suddenly i received a email from USCIS saying "On July 19, 2013, your Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I-765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION."

Can you explain why is my Alien Registration Number changed and what is going on in the background. I'm worried.

USCIS Website says my case status as Initial review.

That "A" number was only changed because your application for extension was approved and you got a new EAD card issued you, with a different (new) A number on it. Congratulations!

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Thanks for the reply Giacomo. But USCIS website still says my case status as Initial review.

Because you were either assigned one or the one they had was changed.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thanks for the reply Ferrari. Is it changed because my application was approved?

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

It is changed because USCIS changed it. Nothing else can be read from it.

Inner workings of the USCIS. Do not concern yourself with those.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.