On job application if my case is on nolle prosequi, should I say yes to convicted of a crime or no?

Germantown, MD |

Hi I was arrested with few charges like trespassing resist to arrest and disorderly conduct in MD in 2011 it is now that I have recieved a letter from the court saying that my case is nolle prosequi. So if the charges are dropped but the case has not been expunged yet , when I wanna fill out a job application and it asks if I have ever been convicted of a felony/crime excluding traffic laws and misdemeanors, do I say yes or no?

1. You were not convicted of these crimes, so no. You really should expunge your record if you are otherwise able to.

2. In most jurisdictions, nolle prosequi is a dismissal of the case at the request of the prosecutor, and therefore is not a conviction and the true answer would generally be no, you do not have a conviction. However, state law and practice does vary, and my answer could be wrong under the law of your state. To be certain you should ask the advice of a Maryland attorney.

3. Say no.

This response is based on information provided. Many variables may exist that can only be addressed in an interview. This answer in no way creates an attorney-client relationship.

4. No

Legal disclaimer: Mr. Tabaku may be reached at (240) 750-4663 or fetabaku@tabakulaw.com. Mr. Tabaku is an attorney licensed in the state of Maryland. This answer is for general information only based upon the facts stated in the question and does not create an attorney client relationship between Mr. Tabaku or Tabaku Law Firm, LLC and any person. You should schedule a consultation with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your legal issues.