Skip to main content

On i797c In the column of Preference Classification, (was printed) 201 B INA MINOR CHILD OF USC. does that mean visa is avai

Hollywood, FL |

on i797c In the column of Preference Classification, (was printed) 201 B INA MINOR CHILD OF USC. does that mean visa is available immediately. therefore the child can go set up an appointment with the US consulate where she lives to get the visa or she will have to wait for something else?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Please chat with a local immigration lawyer, they should be able to answer your question fairly quickly, take care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  2. It means you need to consult with an immigration attorney. There is not enough information to answer your question. Much depends on when you became a USC, where the child was born and whether she qualifies to derive citizenship or you indeed had to go through the immigration petition which would mean the NVC step before the appointment at the consulate.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  3. More information is needed to be able to give a meaningful answer. How and Whether you can immoderately transmit citizenship on your child will depend on your individual immigration. You need to consult with an immigration lawyer to analyze your facts.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  4. Assuming the child continues to be under 21 and a number of other factors, then a visa appears to be immediately available. However, preliminary processing is conducted by the National Visa Center. The child cannot just to to the embassy and get an immigrant visa.

    Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can review the facts of the case and recommend an approrpriate course of action.

    While this answer is provided by a Florida Bar Certified Expert in Immigration and Nationality Law, it is for general information purposes only and an attorney/client relationship is neither intended nor created. You should seek out qualified counsel to review your case and provide you with advice specific to your situation. Call +1-561-478-5353 to schedule a consultation with Mr. Devore.

  5. Yes, it should.

    Answers provided by Ksenia Maiorova, Esq. on are of a general nature and do not constitute legal advice.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics