On I-90 form, they ask for mailing address to be filled out only if different from your physical address.

New Bern, NC |
Filed under: Immigration

next under physical address, it is to be filled only if it is different from one's mailing address. Do both sections under part 1, mailing address and physical address , are to be left blank, if they are the same address? Also under mailing address questions 5f and 5g, they ask for zip code and then next ask for postal code. What is the difference in these codes?

Zip code is for U.S. Postal code is for another country. Provide your physical address. If you are unsure, put the same address in both sections.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

I agree. That was solid advice.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You can fill both address sections out to avoid any problem. Postal code is for outside of the U.S.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

if the mailing address and physical address are the same. You only need the one. Sometimes persons reside at a physical address received mail at the post office box. ZIP code is the same as postal code in the US. We refer to it as ZIP code outside the United States is referred to as postal code.

919.225.3963
immigration@rbrownllc.com
www.brownimmigrationNC.com

I agree with my esteemed colleagues.

For your peace of mind, you can also have an immigration attorney review your forms prior to submitting them to make sure they are filled out correctly. The fee for this service is usually not high, but well worth the investment.

NO LEGAL ADVICE: This response is not intended as legal advice nor should you consider it as such. It is intended only as general information with respect to a question that you have raised. You should not act upon this information without retaining professional legal counsel. Please keep in mind that merely contacting Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A. cannot represent you until the firm knows there would not be a conflict of interest, and the firm determines that it is otherwise able to accept the engagement. Any information or documents sent prior to your executing an engagement letter and submission of a retainer deposit cannot be treated as protected by an attorney client-privilege and may be determined by a court to not constitute protected information of any nature.