On i 130 form, what should i mark on relationship question for sister in law and my brother children.

Longview, TX |

I'm applying for my brother and his family what should i write on relationship column because their is no option for sister in law and niece. Their is only sister , child option .p

You cannot file for anyone but the brother. However if he is approved, they can immigrate with him on his visa, as "accompanying" relatives.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

You only list your brother as beneficiary and his wife and daughter as immediate relatives on page 2.

So i just need to apply only one i-130 for my married brother ,no individual i-130 for his wife and kids and what kind of supporting documents i have to send with application

I agree with my colleagues ... one I-130 for your brother ... list his family on page 2.

Prepare them for a 10-15 year wait.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

can only apply for your brother and there is a question on the I-130 (2nd page top) that will ask you to list your relative's spouse and kids - that is where you write them in and the relationship

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)