On i 130 form, what should i mark on relationship question for sister in law and my brother children.

Asked over 1 year ago - Longview, TX

I'm applying for my brother and his family what should i write on relationship column because their is no option for sister in law and niece. Their is only sister , child option .p

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Christian Schmidt

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You only list your brother as beneficiary and his wife and daughter as immediate relatives on page 2.

  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... one I-130 for your brother ... list his family on page 2.

    Prepare them for a 10-15 year wait.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Irene Vaisman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . can only apply for your brother and there is a question on the I-130 (2nd page top) that will ask you to list your relative's spouse and kids - that is where you write them in and the relationship

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. Stephen D. Berman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You cannot file for anyone but the brother. However if he is approved, they can immigrate with him on his visa, as "accompanying" relatives.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,036 answers this week

2,761 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary