On i 130 form, what should i mark on relationship question for sister in law and my brother children.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Longview, TX

I'm applying for my brother and his family what should i write on relationship column because their is no option for sister in law and niece. Their is only sister , child option .p

1. Christian Schmidt

4

Answered . You only list your brother as beneficiary and his wife and daughter as immediate relatives on page 2.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues ... one I-130 for your brother ... list his family on page 2.

Prepare them for a 10-15 year wait.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

3

Answered . can only apply for your brother and there is a question on the I-130 (2nd page top) that will ask you to list your relative's spouse and kids - that is where you write them in and the relationship

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  4. Stephen D. Berman

2

Answered . You cannot file for anyone but the brother. However if he is approved, they can immigrate with him on his visa, as "accompanying" relatives.