On form N400 part 10 question #26,27,28? What does my ex husband put?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

When filling for residency we told truth he was here illegally he was told he would need to wait 6 plus minths back in mexico before getting temp residency since he came here illegally does that apply to #26,27?? I had wrote a letter to state and government officials asking for him to b forgiven and sent back home, affter letters he was allowed entry w temp. Residency card. Does that pertain to #28??

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . You lost me. The questions call for very simple answers. Was he removed or not. Based on your all-over-the-place description, it seems that the answers will probably be "no" to all three. Now, I may be wrong, because I do not know the facts so you would be advised to seek a consultation with an immigration attorney in person and come there with all the paperwork associated with your waiver application on his behalf which eventually paved the way, it seems for his legal immigration to the USA. During that consultation you will be given a more definitive answer.

2. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

3

Answered . I found your question to be somewhat unclear. However, I understood that you husband was here illegally and may have been allowed to receive a temporary green card despite that. Given he has a history of immigration issues you should consult with an attorney in person to make sure you are filling everything in correctly. Personally, I think it is best to have an attorney prepare the N400 if you can afford the expense. You should be able to find an attorney who will do this for a reasonable fee.

3. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

2

Answered . Read the instructions carefully, and make sure you are stating the truth. If your husband has never been removed then the answers are NO.