On form I-821D for place of entry, I entered without inspection, do I have to write down something even if I wrote the date?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I was 1 year old but could already talk so I was given sleeping medicine in case the car I was in was stopped. I would give them away if I wasn't sleeping (was what I was told now) and I know the date but I wasn't sure if I had to write down a place? I think they went through san diego, I went in without inspection meaning they didn't know I was there. So I have been having trouble with this question. USCIS doesn't help, I called and they cut me off rudely. I can't afford a lawyer since many are charging from 500-1000 so seeing as I only have enough for the application fees, I had to ask here :) thank you for your help!

1. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . The correct answer probably is 'unknown'.

$500 is a very fair amount to pay for protection from doing something foolish .. remember, they CAN ARREST YOU if they deny your application.

2. J Craig Fong

Answered . In other words, you don't actually KNOW your place of entry. Seems to me that the answer is unknown.

The larger issue here is whether you should get help with the paperwork. I understand the problem of shelling out money -- especially if you don't have much. I also understand how it feels when all the attorneys just say, "come and see one of us." However, you are talking about your future in America here. You are talking about your work permit here. If you get your work permit, you'll be able to accept employment.

At the very least, try to find a nonprofit organization with competent people.

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

1

Answered . My colleague is correct.