On August 30th,2013 work comp issued my lawyer a settlement check of nearly 13kusd, it is now 9-12-2013 going on 9-13-2013. the

Asked about 1 year ago - Kansas City, MO

They* keep saying they haven't had it clear yet. how much longer can they tell me that??

1. Spencer Edward Farris

Pro

Answered . depends on the bank, some hold big checks for 11 business days. Call your lawyer.

2. Charles Joseph Michael Candiano

Pro

1

Answered . If the check was ISSUED on 8-30-13, that is the day it was printed. That was Friday. It probably wasn't mailed until Tuesday, 9-3-13 (due to Labor Day). Your attorney couldn't have received it before Friday 9-6-13. If the mail came late, it would not be deposited until Monday, 9-9-13. Most commercial banks clear checks within 3 days.

The check MUST be deposited into a Trust account which means that the attorney has NO access to the money and earns NO interest on the money so he has NO motive to make you wait. BE PATIENT.

3. John M Connell

Pro

Answered . This is something you need to discuss with your atty. The check needs to clear but they should be able to tell you when.

4. Bobby L. Bollinger Jr.

Pro

Answered . My bank tells me to allow 7 days from deposit for insurance company checks to clear the bank upon which the check is written, which is often several states away. So we cannot disburse the funds for a week to be safe.