On an average, what percentage of college/university students get charged or convicted for sexual crimes ?

Asked 12 months ago - Houston, TX

For sexual crimes such as stalking, aggravated harassment, criminal intimidation/threats, coercion, blackmail etc. The reports /articles on the net report dismal numbers, as in perpetrators, especially if they are male college students go scot-free. Are female college students really that unsafe or is there a general misreporting ? My question is for the country as a whole.

1. Kathryn Mary Holton

4

Answered . Hard question to answer generally. You might want to do an open records request to the College campus police of a particular College to get a better idea.

2. Todd Gregory Lehn

4

Answered . It sounds like you're talking about a nationwide question, and not necessarily connected to any particular campus. You should search the FBI and DOJ websites as both agencies maintain broad databases on crime statistics, although I'm not sure you'll find the answer to your generalized question. Best of luck.

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

4

Answered . Google: Bureau of criminal justice statistics. They keep track of things like this.