On a Pre-Trial Diversion Program in KY when a deal is made in regards to restitution can a judge approve probation out of state

Asked about 1 year ago - Newport, KY

If the prosecutor and attorney and judge agree on a restitution for Making a False Statement with the probation-- is that a supervised or unsupervised probation and if the state has a diversion program in FL can a person take a job tranfer in FL and have the paperwork switched from KY. The process for a job transfer was already in effect with the company that I currently work for....if I show proof to the prosecutor, attorney and judge is there something I can sign promising to pay restitution even if out of state.

1. Frank Mascagni III

4

1

Answered . I am unsure of the question. If you are on a Class D felony Pretrial Diversion Program, it can be transferred out of state upon motion and court approval or directly with your probation officer. The terms of the restitution remain in place whether supervised or not, you must comply or risk removal from the program. Consult with a KY lawyer in the are where you were prosecuted. www.kacdl.net

2. Michael William Bouldin

1

Answered . Generally supervised by KAP (a private probation office - Kentucky Alternative Program) until the restitution is paid. You are generally permitted to relocate. Suggestion would be to pay off the restitution then the court can release you from any probation assignment. Speak to the attorney who handled your case.