On a pre-diversion program what information should be given when asked if ever been convicted of a felony?

Newton Falls, OH |

I am struggling to find work. I am on pre-diversion program for 5 years with after one year of successful probation can file a motion in court for removal from probation. What info should be given on applications....I do not want to hurt my chances at a job. Also do they have any resources that help people in these situations on the internet? a certain website? Thanks!

1. You should discuss this with the lawyer you had in court with you, however, diversion program usually "divert" you which means your guilty plea is never entered unless and until you violate the terms or otherwise do not successfullly complete the diversion program.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. It depends on the exact type of diversion program you are in. If you ever plead guilty even if it was held in abeyance then you have most likely been convicted. If this is a pre-plea diversion then you have not been convicted. You may want to talk to your probation officer or an attorney to assist you to make sure you are safe.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Road
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner