On a parking ticket in NY is there any statue of limitations . I was told it was 2005. I was never was notified until now

New York, NY |

The ticket was from 2005 it was for parking I was unaware of this at all. It was on a car I never owned.
Do I have to pay this or is it to late to collect on this they said it was issued on 9/9/2005. I am no longer licensed in NY I have a NJ license.

Will this suspend me driving privileges in N.Y. state as well because it is not a moving violation. Will I just not be able to register any vehicle. Or nothing will happen after 8 years and 3 months of the date of the ticket. A collection agency called me.

You can seek to have a hearing on the ticket if you never received it and you do not own the car. Contact DMV and move to reopen the case.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

Yes, I believe you are still required to pay the ticket.

You have to pay

Traffic tickets topics