On a first offense hit and run felony,dwl misdemeanor,dui misdemeanor could i possibly get probation and fines or community hour

Asked almost 2 years ago - Sarasota, FL


Attorney answers (4)

  1. David Ashley Haenel


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is always possible that you could get probation but on the charges you listed above the big thing for the state attorney is the extent of the injuries to the "victim". If the victim is seriously injured you may have a tough time getting the state to offer a non-jail offer. In addition, any good lawyer who does a lot of DUI cases would want to know if the person has any prior convictions for DUI and why was the license suspended. There are always issues to explore in any case and making sure the state attorney can prove all of the elements of all the crimes is critical.

    This is not intended to be an attorney-client relationship and is my opinion only. Consult with a local attorney... more
  2. Annemarie Rose Rizzo


    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Probation will definitely be part of any sentence you receive for those types of charges if ultimately convicted of those charges. However, with those types of charges it is possible there will be imprisonment followed by a probation term to complete mandatory punishments by law. There are many defenses available to these types of charges and I highly recommend you contact an experiences DUI/criminal traffic lawyer in order to discuss the specific facts of your case, defense strategies and what your best options are. Do not wait too long as some crucial evidence in your case can be preserved by your lawyer before it gets destroyed that could help your case.

  3. David Richard Damore


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with Atty Haenel

    David R. Damore, Esq., Damore, Delgado, Romanik & Rawlins, Daytona Beach, FL, (386) 255-1400. Mr. Damore is a... more
  4. Charles K. Kenyon Jr.

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Probation is likely, possibly with jail as well. Restitution will be a major component.

    You should be talking with a local DUI / DWI lawyer at this time.

    If any answer on AVVO helps you, mine or someone else’s, please mark it as "helpful" or "best answer" to help AVVO know which answers to show others.
    Thank you.

    --- Experienced DUI/DWI/OWI/Drunk Driving Lawyer in Madison, Wisconsin

    --- Facebook Page

    --- Field sobriety "tests"

    --- DUI/DWI/Drugged Driving with Prescription Drugs

    --- Ten Days to Save Your License - Administrative Suspension and Refusals in Wisconsin

    Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,254 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,254 answers this week

3,100 attorneys answering