On 2-5- 12. i was assaulted gave me two black eyes. judge order him to pay but he put a CAP on the case til i give bills. Why?

Brooklyn, NY |

i was hit by a drunk man an recieve to black eyes while the security stood there

Because with restitution you only get what you spent that is not covered by insurance. You don't get pain and suffering. ... you will need to sue for that.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.