Okay so when i was 13 i dated a 17 year old i got pregnat he is pending charges for it and they have been pushing the date back

Asked over 1 year ago - Round Rock, TX

is that a good are bad thing...and also scince i was a willing participant how long could he go away for/????

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Christopher Scott Mcham

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Delays are common in criminal matters. If he has a lawyer and you are trying to help you need to talk to that lawyer.

    In the end your willingness is not a factor. It just changes the charge. If you were unwilling he could be charged with rape. If you were willing but under age the charge is statutory rape. Your willingness is not a defense to statutory rape.

  2. William A. Jones Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I hope the young man has a good criminal defense attorney already. If he doesn't urge him to get one and provided any assistance you can. the answers to these questions will come from such an attorney who has available all of the evidence. Good luck.

    Carmine John Giardino
    Carmine John Giardino, General Practice Lawyer - San Antonio, TX
    Posted over 1 year ago.

    oh boy, he is looking at serious time on this.

  3. David Daniel White


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Delays are common and often helpful to the defense, and while your desire to cease the prosecution is taken under consideration, don't expect the charge to be automatically dropped.

    Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737

  4. Jeffrey Gelb

    Contributor Level 3

    Answered . aggravated sexual assault has a range of punishment of five years to a life sentence. The 17 year old is entitled to a fair trial and the court is permitted to give him continuances to prepare for trial or to continue the case due to other trials. It is unclear as to whether you are trying to assist the defendant or whether you are upset that the case doesnt seem to get to trial fast enough to your liking.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,957 answers this week

2,826 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,957 answers this week

2,826 attorneys answering