Skip to main content

Okay so This is Gonna Get Kind of Messy, Its a real nasty situation and If someone could help me that would be greatly appreciat

Sheboygan, WI |
Filed under: Criminal defense

In the summer i was assaulted from behind my jaw was broken in two places. I had no witnesses and not enough evidence to find the guy guilty in court. I have a restraining order against him now and would like to pursue a lawsuit for bills and more. Since then my life has taken a twist and i got two disorderly conducts. One for texting the guy who attacked me something(will explain if needed) and another one walking home from the bar one day me and a buddy got into an altercation with three people) these are both within three weeks of eachother. Should i get the same lawyer for the disorderly conducts and the lawsuit, different ones, can i even get lawyers, and do i even stand a chance? Please help, it's much appreciated

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Apart from messy, it's quite confused, but I'll try to answer what seems to be the essence of your inquiry. You need to consult with qualified legal counsel. Most attorneys will provide free (but limited) initial consultations. I would take one or more up on that offer, and I would start with experienced criminal defense counsel. I have the impression that you have no attorney at this point so start talking with counsel before you worry about whether you need one or two attorneys.

  2. My experience has been that it is usually to your advantage to have the same attorney handle all of your open cases. The attorney will be aware of the facts of each case and can represent to the court the status of the various cases, which may impact the disposition on a given case. If the cases are in the same court, the attorney may be able to negotiate a "bundle" type disposition. It is important that you consult with a local criminal attorney to assist you in these matters. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

  3. Its always best to schedule a consult with a qualified attorney to review your situation and offer advice if it is worth pursuing a law suit. I would agree with the previous post to have the same attorney discuss your options.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics