Skip to main content

Ok they gave my son 27 years what is 85% of his time he already did 5yrs.

Virginia Beach, VA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

One city they gave him 17 n another city they gave him 10

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


what was it you wanted to ask?

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


Simple math....85% of 27 years is 22.95 years. Before you ask a follow-up question, 0.95 years is 11.4 months; and 0.4 months is 12 days. Therefore, 85% of 27 years is 22 years, 11 months, 12 days.

For what it is worth to you, good luck.

Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions. Attorneys on AVVO donate their time and your feedback is appreciated.

James Garrett
Garrett Law Group, PLC
(757) 422-4646 - 24 hour Service

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.


The prison will have a computer record of all time served and will calculate the remaining time for you. Call the facility where he is in and they will give you an exact answer.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer