Ok so my boyfriend was just transfered from one jail to another in riverside county......

Chino Hills, CA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

He has not contacted me or his familysince around 10pm last night how long should it take before hes aloud to make a call

1. It depends on when he gets processed into the new facility. I'd say by tomorrow he'd be allowed to make calls.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. I would agree with Mr. Solis

The opinions rendered herein are based on general principles of law. Laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction and there are often numerous factors which can render advice or an opinion inapplicable. You should NOT make any decisions about the handling of a legal matter without first directly consulting with an attorney about the particulars of your case.

3. If you last heard from him last night then he was likely moved today. It generally takes 8 hours for the paper work to catch up and once that does, then his privileges will follow. I expect the paper work to catch up sometime tonight so tomorrow at the earliest.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.