OK MY CAR WAS TOTALED IT WAS 1996 TOYOTA CAMRY THEY GAVE ME A TOTALED OF 2,700 FOR THE CAR DOES THE SEEM OK.

Cape Coral, FL |

ME CAR WAS IN GOOD CLEAN SHAOE AND ONLY HAD 151,000 MILES ON IT NO DENTS BUT THEY SAYD THEY WOULD NOT GO ANY HIGHER THE WAS IT.

1. It only had 151,000 miles. Sounds like you didn't drive it much. You should be offered fair market value FMV. Kelly Blue Book is one reference. Good luck.

2. You say they "gave" you $2,700.00. Is that their offer or did you receive a check and cash/deposit it? If you accepted the funds then you can not seek more money after the fact.

Kelly Blue Book; Edmonds Used Car Prices, classified ads, Craiglist, local auto dealers--all should be reviewed to see what similar vehicles are sold for in your area. Your car may have been in excellent condition physically as in no dents but not have features, such as AC, power accessories, etc, in operation.

I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. While Avvo is a wonderful resource, nothing can be a substitute for an in-depth consultation with an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the law is to be applied. This response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

3. Check up the NADA and KBB for faith market values. It can be worth much more to you, and can be in perfect tip top shape, but insurance company is only required to pay fair market value.

4. That seems a tad bit low, but if you accepted the funds you may not be able to ask for more.

This response does not create a lawyer client relationship. Each case is determined on its specific facts and this reply is intended for a general audience and facts particular to your case may affect the answer. Consult with an attorney in person for specific answers to your questions.

5. If you want to verify the value, look at Kelly Blue Book or NADA. You have to put in the year, make, model, mileage, options and condition of the vehicle. Correctly entering these results in a correct value. Incorrectly entered information results in an incorrect value. Ultimately, you are looking for the "Private Party" value or value for an individual selling a car (no a dealer or wholesaler). Make sure you properly assess the "Condition" of the vehicle and read the Condition Guidelines as this affects value. Call a local lawyer about this and whether your actions to date have already irrevocably settled the property claim.

6. Go to Kelly Blue Book, NADA or Yahoo Used Cars and run the value. Make sure you know the vehicle statistics, options, mileage, and condition. Everything you enter or option you "click" has to be correct or the report is wrong.

7. If you accepted it, the analysis is pointless. If you have not accepted it yet, check with used car dealers or online.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed. You may call me 772-562-4570; email me vblawyer@bellsouth.net, or visit my website http://www.millerlawoffices.us