Ok it takes 4-6 weeks to schedule a settlement hearing can i waive the 10 day cooling off period

New York, NY |
Filed under: Divorce

Plus how many days in advance before i go to court

1. There is no cooling off period. And there is no settlement hearing. I'd suggest you confer with a local attorney before you get more confused...

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

2. I never heard of "cooling off" periods or "settlement hearings" and I've been sucking up to lady justice for years. You can give us an idea of the nature of your case, or be better off consulting in confidence with an attorney.

3. Not sure what "10-day cooling off period" you're talking about, unless it's something referred to in your settlement agreement If so, I'd need to review the agreement to give an opinion. Thus, call a NYC Divorce attorney to schedule a consultation for a full assessment.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

4. You are mistaken. No cooling off period, usually the opposite. You don.t need a judge to discuss settlement. Time to nire an attorney, I think.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.