Ok, I was in an accident and flown to the hospital. Now, four months later the cop wants me to come pick up a misdemeanor dwi

Ticket. How long does he have to serve me with a ticket?

Oneonta, NY -

Michael J Palumbo

Michael J Palumbo

DUI / DWI Attorney

Retain counsel and surrender on the warrant.

Arkady Bukh

Arkady Bukh

Criminal Defense Attorney - New York, NY

You should definitely pick up the misdemeanor warrant, but prior to that you should obtain an attorney familiar with DWI cases. Do not make any statements to the police about the accident or anything without your attorney present.

Jayson Lutzky

Jayson Lutzky

Divorce / Separation Lawyer - Bronx, NY

Hire a lcal criminal defense lawyer before you do anything else.

Eric P. Pitsch

Eric P. Pitsch

DUI / DWI Attorney - Appleton, WI

He should just mail it to you. There are a lot of issues here, but generally, they may bring charges within that time period. Howeve, identification may be an issue, preservation of evidence may be an issue, etc. So, go see an attorney who deals in this area.