Ok.......if Chase did not send me a copy of the actual 1099C then i am assuming they did not fill one ot, correct?

Clearwater, FL |

On CHase letter head with Chase address it proceeds to tell me that this is copy B of a 1099C but i pulled up the 2013 1099 C form and this is not it..........they have typed across the letter Box #1......Box #2..........etc........they typed "copy of the original" ........no where on there does it say dept of irs - dept of treasury like irs forms always do..........a collector I know say they believe it is is Chases latest scam because the phone number it lists for questions regarding the phone takes you straight to Chase cardmember services........should I send this to an attny vs an accountant because it seems like now possible violation of collection practices........

1. Take the letter you received to your tax preparer and have them look at it and advise you what to do,

The information provided herein is general information only and not legal advice. The information provided herein does not create an attorney client relationship and is not a substitute for having a consultation with an attorney. It is important to have a consultation with an attorney as the information provided in this forum is limited and cannot possibly cover all potential issues in a given situation.