Officer told me wrong reason for stopping and wrote different information on the ticket

Whitehall, PA |

The officer told me i turned without a green arrow which is not a crime, then wrote on the ticket that i ran a red light. This is not true because I began my turn as the light was turning yellow. I believe that if the turn is started while the light is green that it is still legal? Also I have reason to believe he was too far away to see my complete turn, is there any way I can argue my way out?

Fight the ticket.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Plead not guilty and ask for a hearing. To maximize your effort you may want to consider retaining a lawyer. Good luck.

I agree with my colleagues advice, though he may something different at trial.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets