Offender won't pay restitution

Asked about 1 year ago - Des Moines, IA

My parent was killed in a fight and the judge ordered we get $150,000. He refuses to pay. What can be done? I do not have a lot of money to pay for attorney.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Colin Christopher Murphy

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . The executor of the estate could file a civil action for wrongful death.

  2. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . Contact the prosecution and have him violated and go back to court.

    Most lawyers will give you a free consultation if you ask for one. We do this all the time, but remember that our... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,023 answers this week

3,269 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,023 answers this week

3,269 attorneys answering