Skip to main content

Of you're allowed to send legal correspondence to someone who has a restraining order against you,can you do it via emails/via

Pompano Beach, FL |

A social media website like LinkedIn .restraing order

Attorney Answers 3

  1. When serving legal papers you should do it by US mail or through the court's email service. Check with the clerk to see if you can register as a pro se for eservice. Make sure they are actual legal papers in a legal action, otherwise you may be violating the order. You would be better off to have an attorney.

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******

  2. The bEst way to be sure that you were safe is to request that the court modify the injunction to permit you to send legal mail to the petitioner. If there is not an exception in the injunction technically you are violating it in the court can find that you did so. Obviously if the petitioner has an attorney you would just send it to the attorney, but I assume the petitioner does not. I would suggest you retain an attorney to assist you. Whatever you do do not uses social media website for legal mail as this is not an appropriate way to serve such documents. Many family law attorneys, like myself, offer free initial consultations and payment plans.

    Legal disclaimer: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice nor does it constitute an attorney-client relationship

  3. You cannot send anything to the person if you have a no contact order. If the person has a lawyer, send it to the lawyer. Otherwise go to court to seek permission to send the legal documents.

    I am licensed in Pennsylvania. Members of my firm are licensed in various states, including Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. We handle cases involving personal injury (car accidents slip and falls, etc.,) medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, workers' compensation and social security disability. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance.

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics