Obtaining Credit Reports from the 3 major credit bureaus and all other credit bureaus

Loomis, CA |
Filed under: Credit score

I had wrong negative reporting on my credit report. In an effort to monitor my credit report, I obtain an annual free credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com.

Question 1: Can I obtain extra credit reports every 4 months for a fee from www.annualcreditreport.com?

Question 2: Other than the 3 major credit bureaus: Transunion, Equifax, and Experian, how many credit bureaus are there?

Question 3: And how can I order copies from other credit bureaus other than the 3 major ones?

1. If you are willing to pay for them, you can obtain as many credit reports as you desire.
2. There are literally dozens of "credit reporting agencies," but the Big 3 are the ones nearly everyone uses.
3. You'd have to contact each one and go through their ordering process.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155 (Toll Free: 888.777.5009). Our web address is: www. corbin-law-office.com. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Don't waste your time going to any of the other minor credit bureaus. Credit is granted to you based on your FICO score and the FICO score is compiled from the info out of the big three reports. Don't get your credit scores from the credit bureaus, as they are only simulated scores, go directly to FICO. Instead of paying for additional credit reports, sign up for the FICO scores to see how your efforts do or do not pay off.

I have a 10 part series on how to rebuild credit after bankruptcy that you may find useful - these guides are listed along with other reports at the link below. Hope this perspective helps!

1. It sounds like you are trying to monitor your credit and one of the best ways to do that is to enroll in a credit monitoring service. They typically charge you a monthly fee to obtain updated credit reports. Some companies only offer the service for one bureau and some offer all three bureaus. The major bureaus offer this service and your insurance agent may have a suggestion as well.
2. There is another credit bureau that is becoming a national credit reporting agency - Innovis.
3. You can order your report through them directly, but it may or may not be useful to you, it depends on what you are trying to accomplish.
I hope this helps.