Obtaining certified copy of birth certificate

Asked over 1 year ago - San Diego, CA

I need to obtain a certified copy of my birth certificate to apply for HUD senior apartments. Is there any website I can obtain it from without sending a copy of my marriage license since I cannot find that either. Can I obtain a document from Social Security which indicates my maiden name?

I was not sure if this question came under legal but will appreciate any advice you can give me.
Thank you!


Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael Ryan Juarez

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . You need to contact the California Department of Public Health. There is a guide you may find helpful at this link http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/pa...

    You can also get a copy of your SS card at the US SS Administration office downtown at 1333 Front Street.

    Good luck. I hope this is helpful.

    -Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.... more
  2. Scott Charles Maccabe

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . If you were born in San Diego then go to the Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk - here is their website: http://arcc.co.san-diego.ca.us/arcc/services/bi... They have about six locations you can go to.

    Orange County Family Law Attorney: (949) 218-0574 - This response provides general information, and is not... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,877 answers this week

2,916 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,877 answers this week

2,916 attorneys answering